We Are Contagious
The word contagious by definition means to transmit from one person or organism to another by direct or indirect transmission. When we trace its etymology into the Greek we would find it is the combination of two Greek words; Meta and Dotikos. Meta is a Greek word which means to change and dotikos means to freely give. Thus, at its core the word contagious literally means to change by freely giving. Contagious Churches will infect and make contagious the world with the love, faith and worship of God.
Senior Pastor & Co-Pastor
LaJun & Valora Cole
LaJun and Valora Cole are a ministry power-team based out of Tampa, Florida. LaJun is an apostolic visionary, innovator, and disciple-maker graced with a strong fathering anointing and Valora is a cutting edge prophetic voice who is internationally known for her ability to ascend into the heavens with an extraordinary anointing to exhort and accurately release prophetic decrees and declarations.
They are the proud parents of 3 sons, 1 daughter and 2 wonderful grandchildren. Together they make a dynamic ministry duo and are responsible for the Discipleship Training Institute a training and equipping center; Agape International a not-for-profit community development corporation focused on impacting and enriching the lives of individuals, families and communities globally; and the Exponential Group a for profit leadership, media and organizational development training and consulting company all headquartered out of Tampa Florida. They are the published authors of “Sudden Breakthrough” and its companion workbook and their latest book “The Power of the Fearless Voice”.
We Connect, We Care, We Grow, We Serve and We Go
…is to be the modern expression, manifestation and fulfillment of the DNA of the early church.
Where can I find Contagious in the Bible?
We derived our Biblical Foundation from several biblical scriptures which to our understanding of the texts of scripture lead us to understand that the scriptures give meaning and further credence to the fact that the church has always had an assignment to be infectious and contagious in every environment. Here are the scriptural texts we use to validate.
Genesis 1:28 New International Version (NIV)
God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
Matthew 10:8 New International Version (NIV)
Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.
Matthew 28:19-20 New International Version (NIV)
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Acts 1:8 New International Version (NIV)
But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
Acts 2:41-47 New International Version (NIV)
Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common. They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
Acts 5:12-14 New International Version (NIV)
The apostles performed many signs and wonders among the people. And all the believers used to meet together in Solomon’s Colonnade. No one else dared join them, even though they were highly regarded by the people. Nevertheless, more and more men and women believed in the Lord and were added to their number.
Acts 6:7 New International Version (NIV)
So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.
1 Thessalonians 1 New Living Translation (NLT)
This letter is from Paul, Silas,[a] and Timothy.
We are writing to the church in Thessalonica, to you who belong to God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
May God give you grace and peace.
We always thank God for all of you and pray for you constantly. As we pray to our God and Father about you, we think of your faithful work, your loving deeds, and the enduring hope you have because of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We know, dear brothers and sisters,[b] that God loves you and has chosen you to be his own people. For when we brought you the Good News, it was not only with words but also with power, for the Holy Spirit gave you full assurance[c] that what we said was true. And you know of our concern for you from the way we lived when we sd with you. So you received the message with joy from the Holy Spirit in spite of the severe suffering it brought you. In this way, you imitated both us and the Lord. As a result, you have become an example to all the believers in Greece—throughout both Macedonia and Achaia.[d]
And now the word of the Lord is ringing out from you to people everywhere, even beyond Macedonia and Achaia, for wherever we go we find people telling us about your faith in God. We don’t need to tell them about it, for they keep talking about the wonderful welcome you gave us and how you turned away from idols to serve the living and true God. And they speak of how you are looking forward to the coming of God’s Son from heaven—Jesus, whom God raised from the dead. He is the one who has rescued us from the terrors of the coming judgment.
We believe all these texts of scripture show us that the early church was so contagious that it grew exponentially and consistently. This is the kind of church we are. We are Contagious!!
What denomination are you?
We believe denominations serve to further divide us than unite us. We are therefore, non denominational in our doctrine but biblically based in our faith and practice.
What are your Core Values?
Family: We believe that we are a family and that as such we must love one another.
Community Impact: We believe the church must impact the community in which it exists.
Teamwork: We believe we are only as strong as our team and together nothing is impossible.
Unity: We believe that our unity is our strongest asset
Discipleship: We believe that we must continually and consistently make disciples
Presence: We believe that we must continually abide in the presence of God
Excellence: We believe whatever we do for God must be excellent
Honor: We believe we must honor God and one another in everything we do.
Integrity: We believe we must be people known for our integrity
Multiplication: We believe our job is to multiply and advance the Kingdom
What's in it for my kids?
We believe that our children are our future and that any investment we make into our children will directly impact the world we live in tomorrow. Our Contagious Kids Church is a place where kids are inspired, trained, developed and loved.
What We Believe
- We believe in One God eternally existing in three persons God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit which operate in distinct capacities but are one in purpose.
- We believe in the Virgin Birth, Death by crucifixion, Burial and Resurrection of Jesus Christ and His glorious return and the Rapture of His Church.
- We believe that the Holy Bible (Old and New Testament) is the pure, unadulterated, infallible, and inerrant Word of God given to man by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Bible is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness, furthermore it is the supreme authority for all things pertaining to faith and life.
- We believe in the reality of a Literal Heaven and Hell and that the only way for man to escape Hell is to believe with the heart and confess the Lord Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Therefore, accepting by grace through faith the free gift of Salvation guaranteed to all who believe on the finished work of Christ on the cross. Understanding that Salvation is a process beginning with justification the believer is continually being sanctified until the day of glorification. Furthermore, that that there is no salvation in a religion, doctrine or denomination.
- We believe in the Church universal (Body of Christ International) which consists of all who have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and been filled with the Holy Spirit and are committed to living a life of Holiness as exemplified by Christ.
- We believe God has set Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, and Teachers in the Body of Christ for its edification and maturing. Furthermore, we believe that these offices are still in operation in today’s Church.
- We believe in God’s sovereign ability to utilize both men and women to proclaim the Gospel Message.
- We believe in the ordinances of Baptism by immersion in water for all new converts and partaking of the Lord’s Table as a Church body a minimum of once monthly
- We believe in conducting Baby dedications, Christian Funerals for those who were members of the Church universal and weddings (the union of one man and one woman) in Holy matrimony. Furthermore, we believe in heterosexual relations between men and women who shall live abstinent lifestyles until they are legally married.
- We believe in the eternal reward of the righteous and the eternal judgment of the wicked, Satan and his fallen angels.
at a Contagious Church location near you!
1 (833) CONTGOS
1 (833) 266-8487 [Toll Free]
Sunday 11:30 AM
Wednesday 7:00 PM
Contact Information: contagioustampa.com
1 (813) 445-5904 – Office
1 (813) 445-5896 – Fax
6720 East Fowler Avenue
Tampa, Florida 33617
4414 N Grady Ave
Worship Services: Sunday 11:00 AM
Thursday 7:30 PM
Contact Information: contagiouscharlotte.com
1 (704) 322-4409 – Office
2217 Matthew Township
Parkway Suite D-267
Matthews, NC 28105
8520 University Executive Park Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262